Sigma Design Forums  

Go Back   Sigma Design Forums > Developer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2014, 03:41 PM

Default Sigmac User Guides

I'm an old guy and am retiring. In clearing out my bookcase I found Vol 1 and 2 of Steve Clark's Sigmac Reference Guides. What would they be worth to anyone?
Old 06-03-2014, 03:51 PM
ARRIS Development Team

Dave Qualls used to have a barn full of old Sigma stuff in Shambala, just south of Castle Rock here in Colorado. I think that when he left the state, he sold the barn to Russell Sandquist. I don't know if Russell kept all the old stuff, but if so he could store some more books in it - probably as fuel for the fire when it all burns down someday.
Old 06-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Sigma Design

Steve Clark's Sigmac reference guides were a great reference tool. I have my copy of them here and still refer to them occasionally. They were written in the ARRIS 6.04 time frame. While this is quite old, much of the reference information on Sigmac has not changed that much.

For the $ utilities, there are several that have changed and several new ones since then. We have made our internal documentation on $ utilities which is up to date public. The documentation on all 635 $ utilities may be found on-line at www.arriscad.com/developer. This basically renders the volume 2 of Steve's books obsolete, except that he does still have good information on system flags and a few handy references such as an ascii table.

Last edited by Jim Bennett : 06-03-2014 at 04:06 PM.